– Be a part of a Saskatchewan legacy! Over the last decade, the def SOL Crew & Company has consistently raised the bar for street dance dance in the province. This past year they returned to the Artists Emerge National Street Dance Competition in Edmonton. def SOL Company brought home 2nd place platinum & adjudicators choice for Adv Sm Group and the def SOL Crew earned 1st place platinum for open small group plus an ‘All Styles’ award in the Finals.
– Amazing opportunities to perform at major festivals, concerts, public and private events! Performance highlights have included opening for recording artists NAS, Joe Budden, America’s Best Dance Crew Supa Tour, the Jabbawockeez, WE Day, FIBA 3X3 World Tour, Harlem Globetrotters and a featured showcase at Toronto’s Harbourfront Centre.
– Receive top quality training in authentic urban dance! def SOL’s artistic director has received over a decade of training from street dance originators and top choreographers from all over the world . In 2014 she trained and performed with the 3rd Street Beat pro crew (Edmonton) winning the Canadianl Hip Hop Championships in Montreal and went on to make semi-finals at Worlds in Vegas. Since 2015 she has repped with Edmonton’s top all-female crew, the Fly Girlz who recently opened for recording artists TLC & Sean Paul.
*NEW JR COMPANY* def SOL is now proud to offer a Junior Company (ages 10-15yrs) who perform as an extension of our def SOL Juniors competitive program. They perform alongside the def SOL Senior Crew & Company at various local events and festivals. Follow the steps below to audition for both our junior/senior company!
How to Audition:
Step 1: Apply to Audition by Filling Out the Online Audition Form. You should receive a follow up email from the director within 3-5 business days of submitting the form to confirm your audition details.
Step 2: Attend one of our auditions opportunities!
- Strictly Hip Hop Intensive– Aug 12-13th (must attend a minimum of one half day + audition).
- First week of classes on Wednesday, September 6th (last chance to audition)
Jr Company- Wednesday, Sept 6th from 5:45-7:45PM
Sr Company- Wednesday, Sept 6th from 8:45-10:00PM
*Please arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the class start time. All you need to bring is yourself, a pair of clean non-scuff runners/sneakers and be prepared to give 100% focus & effort. You will learn 1-2 short routines and asked to perform in small groups. There may be an element of freestyle (but you do not need to prepare a solo etc).
Step 3: Get Your Results- Good Luck!
All applicants will be notified of their results within 1-2 days of their audition by email, phone or in-person. Don’t forget to leave it all on the floor! If you don’t get the result you were looking for, train up and try again. We have a great selection of classes to challenge all ages and levels so we will work with you to reach your dance goals! Much love and respect to all that come out to share their passion for dance.